extensibleObjects

Hello,

We are using openldap 2.x and would like to use the extensibleObject class to store application configuration data. The problem we are having, is that openldap insists on the attribute type being defined in the schema file rather than default the type to cis.

We do not know what various applications are going to store in their configuration entries and having to define a type for each attribute before adding it to the entry. I remember that netscape simpley defaults to cis.

Any input or pointers ?

Thank you very much,

Tarek Hammoud
Citadel Investment Group