Re: help! french accents

> Carl St-Jacques wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to put french accents in my openldap server and it's working
with
> > Netscape but not with Outlook.
> > [..]
> > I'm running Openldap v.1.2.11-15.
>
> Strictly speaking Outlook is right because OpenLDAP 1.2.x is a
> LDAPv2 server => Outlook assumes T.61 character set.
>
> You can either patch OpenLDAP 1.2.11 to accept clients binding as
> LDAPv3 (not recommended) or migrate to OpenLDAP 2.0.6 (go for the
> latest and greatest!).
>
> Ciao, Michael.

Personaly i use the OpenLDAP 2.0.6 and works fine with french accents on
outlook express including the search fonctionality too;
but curiously it is with netscape that the accents are not reconized ! no
matter for me ...

Xavier Poirier
Service Informatique - CH Bourg en Bresse -
                     (---)
email : xpoirier@ch-bourg01.fr