[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Strange Pam-Ldap authentication issue
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Strange Pam-Ldap authentication issue
- From: Norbert Klasen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 11:58:10 +0100
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Organization: DFN Directory Services, ZDV Uni Tübingen
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hello, I'm sorry I know pam/ldap integration is passe, but I've got a
> strange problem. I've setup the padl libnss-ldap and pam-ldap, and
Sorry, I missed that you did setup lib_nss.
> everything seems to be working. I have all my user accounts imported into
> Ldap, and I've added one extra user account to LDAP (but not
> in /etc/passwd) to test with. Here is what I can and cannot do:
> - "finger test-user" works, and I get a listing of the shell, home folder,
Do you use the "normal" fingerd or the one from OpenLDAP?
> - "chown test-user testfile.txt" does NOT work.
> logging in as test-user authenticates _IF_ I include the following line
> in /etc/passwd:
Remove this entry again, try a "getent passwd" and see is the ldap-only
user shows up. This query will use nss for lookup. If test-user isn't
included, then there's something wrong with your nss_ldap setup.
DFN Directory Services tel: +49 7071 29 70335
ZDV, Universität Tübingen fax: +49 7071 29 5912
Wächterstr. 76, 72074 Tübingen http://www.directory.dfn.de