Re: Help

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, DOODS wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> I'm new to this list and recently I installed opnldap-1.2.11 on a RHL 6.2 box. Installation and tests were ok. However, I'm confused with how to create databases and how to make a slapd.conf file.
> Like chould "cn=" or "o=" always be present? What are the possible options for creating a db?
> I need help on where I can find a detailed explanation on what is "o=" or what is "dn=", etc (already checked the man pages but I'm still at a loss).

What you need is a good solid book on LDAP.

I suggest you either buy one ore read an online book like: Understanding
LDAP <http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244986.html>

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)