Re: openldap 2.0.6 on AIX 4.3.2.0

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 05:40:22PM +0200, SZMURLO MAURICE wrote:

> * "make depend" hangs. needed to "make clean; make" as explained in the faq

You must set the MKDEP variable to point to the build/mkdep.aix script before
running configure. I think it should be the job of the configure script to
determine the correct procedure to generate dependencies but it does not do
that.

> as I'm a aix newbee, I'm wondering if this might be a problem with
> AIX (dynamic link of the libraries: some people from this list
> told me that this was a recurrent problem on AIX with programs not
> specifically written for aix) or simply is a bug in ldap on AIX

Well, I'm using '--disable-shared', converting the resulting static libraries
to shared ones by hand and relinking the binaries by hand.

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary