ldapsearch & word wrapped output

Hi,

I have recently set up a trial ldap server and ran into what is probably a simple problem
but I cant seem to find an answer in the man pages, the archives of this list or on the web.

When using ldapsearch to dump data which was later to be used to delete entries via ldapdelete,
it seems as though the output of ldapsearch was wrapping @ 78 characters

[root@crash openldap-2.0.6]#  ldapsearch -LLL -D "cn=Manager, o=Testing Corporation, c=au" -w XXXXXXX objectclass=isCustName isCustName
dn: custN=aus, cn=External, ou=Test networking Solutions, o=Testing Corporatio
 n, c=au

If I then pass it thru sed to remove the leading "dn: " it still shows as though the first line included a CR in it.

[root@crash openldap-2.0.6]#  ldapsearch -LLL -D "cn=Manager, o=Testing Corporation, c=au" -w XXXXXXX objectclass=isCustName isCustName | sed 's/dn: //'
custN=aus, cn=External, ou=Test networking Solutions, o=Testing Corporatio
 n, c=au

Any ideas? btw this is running on RH 6.2 (2.2.14-5.0)

regards
ashley