Re: free/non-free ladp servers comparizon

>          I don't see any mention of the hardware used, was the same HW
>even  used on the AD vs Linux machine?  Cooking benchmarks is a fine art
>where the only thing you can really be sure of is that this "number" is
>not  indicative of real life.....
>>> Open LDAP on Linux           => 4.5
>>> Active Directory on Win 2000 => 999

Does someone have a benchmark application for LDAP (that just makes a bunch of
connections)?  4.5 connections per second is ridiculously low number.

time ldapsearch objectclass=morrisonperson dn
0.03user 0.00system 0:00.44elapsed 6%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k

for a query that fetched 423 dns.

[root@littleboy yp]# time ldapsearch uid=adam dn
0.00user 0.01system 0:00.06elapsed 16%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k

for a query that got 1 dn.

And these queries were made to a server when it had 61 other connections (the
server is in production use).

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.