Debian Linux with OpenLDAP 2.0.6

Hello,

I have sucessfully built OpenLDAP 2.0.6 on my Debian 2.2 system, but it
does not seem to work. The entire install process works, except 'make
test', which fails because sladp won't start.

If I run 'slapd -d 1' from the command line, I get this output:

@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.0.6-Release (Thu Oct 19 07:17:49 EST 2000) $
        pardsbane@atelier:/hdc1/share/openldap-2.0.6/servers/slapd
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse(ldap:///)
daemon: socket() failed errno=22 (Invalid argument)
daemon: initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners opened
slapd init: initiated server.
sasl_server_init failed
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have installed the latest
SASL library, and the Debian Heimdal Kerberos packages. In addition,
LinuxThreads version of 'pthread.h' didn't seem to agree with OpenLdap, so
I renamed it to pthread.h.bak, and I assume OpenLdap is compiling without
threads. I'm not happy about this, but it thats what it takes, I'll live
with it. I tried compiling GNU pth in pthread.h emulation mode, but it
refuses to work, so I'll live without Threads for now.

Any suggestions on how to get my openldap installation working would be
greatly appreciated.