Authentication process in openldap?

Hi Everybody,

  I'm trying to do netscape roaming with openldap. For this purpose
I have created some user's entries that includes the userPassword
attribute. This password was set by ldappasswd command. I'm quite
trouble figuring out how the openldap server authenticate the roaming
user. I compiled the openldap server with sasl support so it perhaps
is trying to authenticate the DN/password supplied in the netscape's
GUI against the sasl database and not the userPassword attribute
of the user's directory entry? anyway I have created a sasl database
with userid/password identical to the user's entry in the directory
and neither ways it works.
Thanks in advance,

PS: I followed the instruction from Hugo van der Kooij in his document
available from his homepage at http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/ .

---sram
     "Don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean!" --Feynman
Salvador Ramirez Flandes        PROFC, Universidad de Concepcion, CHILE
http://www.profc.udec.cl/~sram                mailto:sram@profc.udec.cl