ldapssl_init is there an equivalent in open ldap?

Kurt thanks for the reply.  I'm still info seeking.  Does anyone
know if there is an equivelent interface from open ldap to
either open ssl or RSA's ssl.  Netscape uses a file that contains
certificates for the client to authenticate the ssl ldap
server's public certificate.  I realize netscape is an AP however,
its packaging of its interface to ssl seems like it could be just
as well placed with in ldap.  Any thoughts on this are welcome.