problem compiling openldap on solaris

Ok I am getting frustrated about this. I am trying to compile kerberos,
openssl, and BerkeleyDB into this. It is either one or the other that can
be compiled. These are my env settings:

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/
lib"

This does fine for LDBM

env CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include" LDFLAGS="-R/usr/l
ocal/lib" LIBS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib"

And this does fine for kerberos/ssl/TLS.

I would like to combine the two CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS and both. Or doesn
anyone know if there is any (undocumented) switch that could do
--with-dblibpath=/my/path/to/BerkeleyDB3.1 or a way to specify two
CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS/LIBS or something like --with-libssl=/path/to/libssl?

I have tried --with-ldbm-api-db3 (the only switch that doesn't give me an
error message).

It is funny that OpenLDAP prefers BerkeleyDB and doesn't even search its
default install path which is /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1. I have made
symbolic links to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB and /usr/BerkeleyDB and no luck.

Thanks