distributing ldpa parent/subtree not working

  hello friends

  i have installed openldap 1.2.7 on linux ,

 i have two mechines

on mechine -1  , my slapd.conf

   suffix, o=company,c=in
   also tried with and without ,

referral      ldap://mechine2.company.com:389/ou=test,o=company,c=in

also ,added smart referral entrie  for	 ou=test,o=company,c=in
in the database of parent server ,
with ,

objectclass : referral

on mechine -2  , my slapd.conf

   suffix,  ou=test,o=company,c=in
   referral   ldap://parentserver.tataisp.com/o=company,c=in

   now from mechine  i am getting entries stored on mechine-1( which is
parent )

  but from parent (i.e.  o=tataisp,c=in)  i am not getting any entries
stored on chield  ( ou=test,o=tataisp,c=in),

 when i gives ,

 ldapsearch -b "ou=test,o=company,c=in"  uid=user , its giving

MATCHED , o=company,c=in

    please help me and point me to my mistake ,

thanks and regards ,
Prashant Desai