Re: Creation of Distribution List in LDAP for use in Outlook please HELP

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Technical Support wrote:

> Whenever I then do a search in outlook for the department name, it comes up
> as a contact not a group.  Outlook is not recognizing my deparment entry as
> a Distribution List.  Included is an LDIF output. (The names where changed
> to protect the innocent).
>
> dn: ou=Department1, o=Company, c=US
> objectclass: groupOfNames
> objectclass: organizationalUnit
> ou: Department1
> member: cn=User1, ou=Department1, o=Company, c=US
> member: cn=User2, ou=Department1, o=Company, c=US

You should not define it as ou in my view but as a group. I guess you need
both a group and a ou for your situation.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)