i am new in openldap....
i have several questions and want someone can answer
1. is there any methods that i can no need to config the
"server root" setting of outlook or netscape in order to let client to access
the server. as i found that i need to enter for eg. "o=mycompany" to the
server root setting.. otherwise i cannot search anything......
2. is there any methods can let user to edit their attribute
by outlook or netscape and then save to the database in the server as i find
that even i add the "defaultaccess write" to the slapd.conf file, it still
cannot let me to edit.... i have no any access list in the conf
3. is the method for the server recognize the user belongs
to which department by the login name and password ..... that mean if the user
use the login name belongs to sale's department, then the server will assume
that that user is a sale and will apply the sale's rule to him. is that
4. i found that i need to enter the full dn: for a username
entry in outlook inorder to login... eg, i need to enter "cn: chris,
ou=programmer, o=company" for the username.... is that true i need to enter
this long long name...
5. i want to know the follows meanings:
a. the top objectclass
b. the use of "index" , pres, eq, sub,
c. the use of suffix.....
d. the use of ldap.conf, any setting i need to pay attention????
thank you very