Re: slapd logging problem

William L Anderson wrote:

> Konstantin Chuguev writes:
>  > How can I enable logging for slapd?
>  > The documentation says it uses syslog facility local4. I have configured
>  > syslogd properly, but have got an empty log file so far.
>
> Have you set a log level in slapd.conf? I've set
>
> loglevel 256

Yes, I did. It does not help.

I can start slapd with -d option, then it writes to standard error. So I do
redirection and run it in background. But I cannot force it to write to syslog
and runnig without -d suppress any logs.

--
          * *        Konstantin Chuguev - Application Engineer
       *      *              Francis House, 112 Hills Road