LDAP API problems (possible duplicate)

I apologize if this is a duplicate message, but I
don't see my previous message in the archive.

I'm having problems with ldap_search_s() in the
2.0.4 API.  I'm using Netscape's 4.11 LDAP server and
when I try to get large attribute values out of the
directory, the ldap_search_s call fails and returns
LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED.  This despite the fact that
I've set LDAP_OPT_SIZELIMIT and LDAP_OPT_TIMELIMIT to
LDAP_NO_LIMIT using the ldap_set_option() call.  I
have no problems when I search for an attribute with
a small value like cn.  The value I'm trying to get,
though, is around 1MB.  I haven't yet established
what the "cutoff" might be.

Further, this problem can also be duplicated using the
ldapsearch command-line tool.  I'm certain I'm not
getting a referral back and that only a single entry
is being returned by the search.  With the debug level
set at 255 on the ldapsearch tool, it reports that
ber_get_next failed.

I was wondering if this is a known problem and if
there
is a workaround?

Thanks for any advice/assistance.

Jeff Carter