Re: change authentication from /etc/passwd to LDAP

majo@nnsk.sk wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> I'd like to change authentication metod linux from /etc/passwd to LDAP. I
> have OpenLDAP 2.0.4 installed on RedHat 6.2. Can anybody help me what is the
> next step, what I need insatll, etc.

RedHat distributes versions of nss_ldap and pam_ldap as RPM packages.
Lately, they were both being bundled under the nss_ldap name, look for it
in your CD, probably it has all you need (besides a copy of RFC2307
around, that is).

Otherwise, try getting it from PADL as Carlos Bote said.  RedHat 7.0
has everything integrated and you configure it with authconfig.  Pity
they did not put OpenLDAP 2.0, though.

Julio