authentication

Hi,

Just ran into a wierd authentication problem in OpenLDAP 2.0.x.  To test, I
cleanly installed OpenLDAP and changed the suffix line in the default
slapd.conf file:

  from:
    suffix  "dc=my-domain, dc=com"
  to:
    suffix  "ou=devices, dc=my-domain, dc=com"

After starting slapd I attempt the following searches:

  this works as expected:
    > ldapsearch -b '' -s base namingContexts

  however, this gets an 'invalid credentials' error:
    > ldapsearch -D 'cn=Manager, dc=my-domain, dc=com'
               -W -b '' -s base namingContexts

In fact any attempt to authenticate with the root dn is rejected.  Does
anyone have any idea as to what's happening here?

Thanks,
Mark