OpendLDAP setup?

hi,

I just started explore to ldap, as I need to setup address book on
linux-RedHat6.0
Thanks in advance for any help and advise......

I've downloaded, installed and configured openldap 2.0.1 on RH6.
Everything go fine as followed the quick guide provided.

Right now my problem are,
-it is enough for me to setup the address book by just doing as quick
guide?
-the ldif file is for what? It is the database tamplate?
-beside the quick quide and administrator guide, any other thing that i
need to configure?
-right now, I still can connet to the my ldap server thr email client
address book...

Please provide me some guide and advise...

Really appreciate for all help, :)...

rdgs,
gary