Re: Mapping fields with Microsoft.

Go to the Faq-O-Matic and do a search for "Outlook"; there is some information there about the mappings. Outlook can use many more fields than these from the LDAP database.

Hugh

Mike Coughlan wrote:

We have replaced Microsoft Exchange with LDAP and IMAP. I created a test
LDAP database, and found that I can indeed pull up my LDAP records for
viewing in Outlook, great! However, I have found that Microsoft only
recognizes these records.

First Name email
Last Name
Pager
Moblie
Title

Furthermore, "Department" also maps to the Org Unit

Does anyone know what Object Class Microsoft is looking for? It would be
nice to choose those fields so that LDAP data could e read directly from the
mail program.

Here is what the test record looks like, as an exported test.ldif file:

anniversary: Anniversary
pager: Pager
mail: firstname@test.org
spouse: Spouse