Re: How to make slave slapd return a referral

At 02:04 PM 9/25/00 +0100, Ching-Liang Tseng wrote:
>I have followed the Guide (10. Replication with slurpd) to set up my
>master-slave slpad servers. It works fine if I update an entry from the
>master slapd. But it does not work when I update an entry from the slave
>slapd.

>How to make slave slapd return a referral to the client referring the
>client to the master slapd?

Set 'updateref' or 'referral'.  If neither are set, the server should
return an error.  Whether or not the client chases the referral is
another matter.  OpenLDAP provided clients don't normally chase
referrals.

>How does it work if JNDI is used as a tool?

I would assume JNDI would provide necessary API support for
clients wishing to chase referrals.  Whether or not a client
chasing referrals is another matter.

Kurt