Re: Re. Attribute Types and Max Size.

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Ravi Mittal wrote:

> 1.   When I give a max size, say {100}, for an multi-value attributetype,
> say APPdriver then 100 will be the maximum size for each value or all values
> together?

The size is not a maximum. Just a recommended maximum as defined on
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/schema.html and I guess it is intended
to optimize the database engines in the back of the LDAP server.

> 2. How can I define an attribute type to have real (float) values (Values
> with decimal values)? What is the syntax OID for it and how can I specify
> the number of decimal places (if It is possible)?

Using a tool like GC (see also:
http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/69.html) you can browse your
schema. Or even view the schema used on ldap.openldap.org.

At present none of the schema files has a Syntax OID for floating points.
Nor does the Directory Server from Netscape for that matter.

You could either use a string and store the float as string or try to
create your own float Syntax. But I think you need to do some coding in
OpenLDAP as well.

Hugo.

PS: You now had a 170 lines HTML version added to a 13 lines message. I
suggest you disable that feature for (this) mailinglist(s).

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)