searching multiple rootDNs

Hi,

Some days ago I asked if it is possible to search a DIT having several
root-nodes. Randy Kunkee pointed out that I made a typo in my example,
so I refine my question:

I think of having the login information of several domains in one LDAP server,
each domain having its own root-DN in DC-style, like:
dc=some,dc=domain,dc=com
dc=other,dc=domain,dc=edu

I'm doing this on openLDAP 2.04 and it just returns the rootDSE when doing
ldapsearch -x -b '' -s sub '(objectclass=*)'

In some posting in the archives someone proposed a base-search with
searchbase of "cn=config" to find out all rootDNs and then search each one
seprarately, but this doesn't work.

Do I need one common root to be able to do a global search ?

Thanks for your comments
Arvid

--
"You might write faster code in C, but you'll write code faster in Perl"