forest search possible?

Hi,

is it possible to build a LDAP DIT having several root-nodes while
being able to search them all?
I think of having the login information of several domains
in one LDAP server, where each domain has its own root-DN in DC-style, like:
dc=some,dc=domain,dc=com
dc=other,dc=domain,dc=edu
I guess to be able to do a search witch a global scope I would have to specify
an empty searchbase string.

I'm doing this on openLDAP 2.03 and this just seems to give back the rootDSE
when doing
ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)'

Do I need one common root to be able to do a global search ?

Thanks for your ideas
	Arvid

--
"You might write faster code in C, but you'll write code faster in Perl"