Re: No such attribute using SASL

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Norbert Klasen wrote:

> When run without "-x" ldapsearch tries to bind to the server with a SASL
> mechanism. Therefore it first searches the rootDSE for the
> "supportedSASLMechanisms" attribute. Upon startup slapd tries to load
> all available SASL plugins and lists them in this attribute. If
> supportedSASLMechanisms is not there, slapd hasn't found any useable
> plugins.

> Use sample-server from cyrus-sasl to test if the SASL libraries are
> installed correctly.

According to my testing the libraries are installed and working. I was
able to "authenticate" via CRAM-MD5 using sample-server and sample-client.
The funny thing is that neither program will run properly as a
non-root user. As a non-root user sample-server will only load the
PLAIN, ANONYMOUS, and LOGIN plugins. As root it will also load
CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5. sample-client just exits immediately when run
as a non-root user. Once run as root however, I can authenticate.

The only plugins slapd will load are PLAIN, ANONYMOUS, and LOGIN.

Any ideas/suggestions?

later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude" @ (martinja@ice-works.com || ICQ #52640402)
http://www.ice-works.com/personal/LaterDude/index.html

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.