Re: suddenly I can't find things....

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Inge-Håvard Hunstad wrote:

> Is there anyone who got a solution for this problem. We
> are using OpenLDAP rpm:  "openldap-1.2.9-6" from RedHat
> on a RedHat 6.2 system. This sever is used as our
> authentication server and it is a little bit critical if
> it goes down all the time.
>
> So please help!!
>
> Here is some output from /var/log/messages:
>
> ldbm_db_errcall(): ==> /its/ldap/pwdlastset.dbb: page 0: reference count
> overflow
> ldbm_db_errcall(): ==> unable to create/retrieve page 0

To me it seems that either the database has been corrupted or you have run
into a bug into the database code (ldbm). (But I may be wrong here.)

> I'm really open for suggestions. Would it help changing to 2.0.1 or
> should I stick  to the 1.2.x branch.

I would suggest you do not move production units to 2.0.1 untill you have
done some serious testing and have studied the diffences.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)