Problem with SSL/TLS

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I'm building OpenLDAP for my first time and am
having a bit of a problem with SSL/TLS. I have installed OpenSSL 0.9.5a in
the default location of /usr/local/ssl. I am using the following command to
configure the Makefiles:

% env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include" LIBS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib" \
% ./configure

All seems to be OK, with the exception of the following message:

checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for ssl.h... no
checking for SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms in -lssl... no
checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... yes

I then run:

% make depend; make

Everything seems to compile, except I am receiving the following two errors
listed below. Are they fatal? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Garry

/bin/sh /usr/local/src/openldap-2.0.1/libtool   --mode=link cc -g -O2
-I../../include        -I../../include   -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-L/usr/local/src/openldap-2.0.1/libraries   -version-info 2:1:0  -rpath
/usr/local/lib -o libldap.la bind.lo open.lo result.lo error.lo compare.lo
search.lo controls.lo messages.lo references.lo extended.lo cyrus.lo
modify.lo add.lo modrdn.lo delete.lo abandon.lo ufn.lo cache.lo getfilter.lo
sasl.lo sbind.lo kbind.lo unbind.lo friendly.lo free.lo disptmpl.lo
srchpref.lo dsparse.lo tmplout.lo sort.lo getdn.lo getentry.lo getattr.lo
getvalues.lo addentry.lo request.lo os-ip.lo url.lo sortctrl.lo vlvctrl.lo
init.lo options.lo print.lo string.lo util-int.lo schema.lo charray.lo
tls.lo dn.lo os-local.lo dnssrv.lo utf-8.lo version.lo  -lsasl  -lssl
-lcrypto
rm -fr .libs/libldap.la .libs/libldap.* .libs/libldap.*

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lssl.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lcrypto.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

/bin/sh /usr/local/src/openldap-2.0.1/libtool   --mode=link cc -g -O2
-I../../include        -I../../include  -DLDAP_R_COMPILE -I./../libldap
-I/usr/local/ssl/include   -L/usr/local/src/openldap-2.0.1/libraries
-version-info 2:1:0  -rpath /usr/local/lib -o libldap_r.la threads.lo
rdwr.lo tpool.lo thr_posix.lo thr_cthreads.lo thr_thr.lo thr_lwp.lo
thr_nt.lo thr_pth.lo thr_stub.lo extended.lo bind.lo controls.lo open.lo
result.lo error.lo compare.lo search.lo modify.lo add.lo modrdn.lo delete.lo
abandon.lo ufn.lo cache.lo cyrus.lo getfilter.lo sasl.lo sbind.lo kbind.lo
unbind.lo friendly.lo free.lo disptmpl.lo srchpref.lo dsparse.lo tmplout.lo
sort.lo getdn.lo getentry.lo getattr.lo getvalues.lo addentry.lo request.lo
os-ip.lo url.lo sortctrl.lo vlvctrl.lo init.lo options.lo print.lo string.lo
util-int.lo schema.lo charray.lo tls.lo dn.lo os-local.lo dnssrv.lo utf-8.lo
version.lo  -lsasl  -lssl -lcrypto
rm -fr .libs/libldap_r.la .libs/libldap_r.* .libs/libldap_r.*

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lssl.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lcrypto.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

Garry Saperstein                 Voice: 408 249-2313
1063 Oleander Court                Fax: 408 904-4524
Sunnyvale, CA  94086             Email: Garry@Saperstein.net