Re: Netscape Roaming Profile for OpenLDAP v2

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 11:52 PM 9/8/00 +0200, Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:
> >I know that there seems to be some confusion regarding entries.
> >But I'm still curious why these differences exist.
>
> Curious in regard to which differences?
>   attributetypes: v attributetype ?
>   objectclasses: v objectclass ?
>
> That's solely to note that the configuration directive is
> adding one type where the other is the LDIF is presentation
> of one value (of a set of values).  Both, however, use the
> same value syntax.

Ok.

Testing seems to be fine but I noticed that all examples show clear text
with nsLIData where I have some encoded (and hence not readable by humans)
datablok.

The old definition (for OpenLDAP 1.2) used 'bin' and the new (OpenLDAP
2.x) definition uses  1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.5 for this data.

Willit be safe remove the data and use another type instead? Or is there
another reason for apparently different content?

I also noted that netscape seems to store more info into OpenLDAP 1.2 then
it does in OpenLDAP 2.x

But this may be a browser specific issue as I used one browser under Linux
and one under win98. I'll investigate some more.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)