Re: rootDSE

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 07:21 PM 9/7/00 -0400, Igor Brezac wrote:
> >Do you know how to create and modify information under rootDSE?
>
> Depending on the server:
>         1) not allowed
>         2) by configuration or other proprietary means
>         3) LDAP modify operation
>
> OpenLDAP 2.0 implements the first choice.

Thanks for the quick response.  I use OpenLDAP 2.0.  Can you give me an
example for no 2 (by configuration) and 3.  I added 'suffix ""' to
slapd.conf and added 'dn:' to the database, but the searches with -b''
generated an invalid DN message. I am trying to setup Solaris 8 nss_ldap
and openldap.

Again, your help will be greatly appreciated.

-Igor