[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: 2.0: configure problem with multiple values for CPPFLAGS=
- To: Jie Gao <J.Gao@isu.usyd.edu.au>
- Subject: Re: 2.0: configure problem with multiple values for CPPFLAGS=
- From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 13:18:20 -0700
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <Pine.GSO.3.93.1000903172511.11657Bemail@example.com u.au>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 05:30 PM 9/3/00 +1100, Jie Gao wrote:
>env CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl' \
> LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib' \
> CC=gcc CFLAGS='-O3' \
> ./configure --enable-shell --with-tls
Likely should be:
env CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include' \
LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib' \
./configure --enable-shell --with-tls
Note that you should add the include directory, not the openssl include subdirectory.
Don't attempt -O3 until after everything else is working. -O3 is known to be
>Now this does not work and configure won't find the ssl library (headers, etc) unless
>CPPFLAGS is "CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl". But that doesn't work later on
>since it can't find the DB library, either.
see config.log for details as why detection failed.