Re: deriving attributes from DN

First, each RDN of the DN is derived from attributes of the
entry it names.

At 04:53 PM 9/1/00 +0200, Arvid Requate wrote:
>I'm loking for this as I possibly want to search useraccounts
>living on a specific domain with a searchfilter of
>        (&(ou=<domain>)(uid=<user>))

Place appropriate attribute values in the entries to allow
use of such a filter.

>Or do I have to linit my searchbase to ou=<domain>,o=<org> ?

You can do that, too.

Note: LDAPv3 allows extensible matching on DN components...
We haven't implemented this yet (even in 2.0).   LDAPv3
also allows COLLECTIVE attributes... We haven't implemented
this yet (even in 2.0).