Re: OpenLDAP 2.0 gamma and objectClass

At 01:54 PM 8/24/00 -0400, Anthony Dean wrote:
>Hello,
>    Earlier today I built 2.0 gamma on my Solaris 8 box.  Everything
>works fine with one exception:  I can't search based on objectclass. For
>example:
>
>Directory has 2 entries...
>
>dn: dc=mycompany,dc=com
>objectclass: ou
>
>dn: uid=adean,dc=mycompany,dc=com
>objectclass: posixAccount
>uid: adean
>{ and all required attributes }
>
>ldapsearch:
>    (objectclass=*) ---- lists both entries

This is correct.

>    (objectclass=p*) ---- finds zero entries

This is correct. objectClass has no substrings matching rule
hence all substrings assertion upon it are Undefined.

>    (objectclass=posixAccount) ---- also finds zero entries

This is correct (unless you defined posixAccount by including
nis.schema... which, due to lack of two syntax validators, you
cannot).  Note that equality matching for objectClass is done
by OID. If the assertion string cannot be normalized to an OID,
the assertion is Undefined.

>    (objectclass=ou) --- zero entries again

Unless you've extended schema, this is correct.  There is
no 'ou' objectclass.  Use 'organizationalUnit' instead.

>    (uid=ad*) ---- finds uid=adean,dc=mycompany,dc=com
>
>This isn't normal is it?

Normal would be have 'schemacheck on'... which would cause
appropriate errors to be returned when adding these entries.