LDAP with the BerkeleyDB

    Is anyone out there running openldap w/the BerkelyDB? I'm working on
a sys running RH6.2. After I unzipped the tarball and
went into the openldap-1.2.11 directory. At the bash prompt I typed the
# CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include
#LIBS="-lpthread -lposix4"
#./configure --with-threads --with-ldbm-api=db2

I get the following error:
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

I have the berkeley DB installed, when I just run ./configure by itself,
the compiler is able to make the make file. Any ideas? Thank you in
advance for any help.

By the way, I was working off the following article: