Re: modrdn and hex-escaped UTF-8 chars in DN

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> The general guidance for DNs is not to use any value which requires
> escaping.  This doesn't mean you cannot use non-USASCII characters,
> it just means you should avoid RFC2253 "special" characters, leading
> spaces, etc.

It seems that I misunderstood section 2.4 of RFC2253 when I read it
this morning. I see now that I don't have to escape UTF-8 strings
when forming a string representation of a DN.

But I have to be able to unescape escaped strings for displaying
them in the UI.

Ciao, Michael.