Re: More with PAM

On Jul/31/2000, Stephan Krings wrote:

> > it works as if the home or shell would be /dev/null because it just pops me
> > off :( :
> What about your entries in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow for the user
> you're trying to login as? Do they still exist?

Nopes ......

> If no:  Apart from pam_ldap you'll also need nss_ldap, then. PAM
>         really is responsible for the authentication only. For looking
>         up other data (home directory, login shell, uid (?) etc.)
>         you'll need nss_ldap and an appropriate /etc/nsswitch.conf.

I didn't know that O:)
BTW, I've already set all this up and if now I do an ls to a file owned by
800.800 (user juanito, group Juanito in the LDAP directory) I just can see
the group, but it seems that the user entry does not work well .. anyway, it
authenticates right ....

:(

--
Javi Polo - javipolo@oninet.es - navo - DrSlump
Geek Code available in my home page (es que era mu tocho)