not possible to create multiple DC's from SLAPD backend?? (fwd)

Hi,

LDAP server : open LDAP SLAPD Version 1.2.9
platform Linux (RH62)

We're newbies at LDAP and have a problem creating DC's The only way we can
create DC's is with the config file and not with the backend.  We want to
be able to make real time changes in our database containing multiple DC's
(eg. companies) and O's in our tree.

Futhermore we wonder if it's possible to create a manager for a virtual
root which can modify the underlying tree as a whole.

Lex and Bob,
Kern Automatiseringsdiensten
Netherlands