Problem with encryption

Hi all

I'm just new to LDAP and I'm trying openldap ...
I've set up the slapd.conf and run slapd ... it works, but I have to suply
the rootpw entry in clear text
If I put the password encrypted (I've tried both MD5 and simple CRYPT) when
I try to do anything it ends up with a "Invalid credentials" error :(

My system is running now shadow md5 passwords, so it supports md5 and crypt
too .....

Do I have to specify somewhere what kind of encryption I'm trying to use?

Thanks a lot

--
Javi Polo - javipolo@oninet.es - navo
Geek Code available in my home page (es que era mu tocho)