Re: NEWBIE trying to get to grips

>>>The LDAP support in Samba is experimental, but I'm working on
>>>it for the 2.2.0 Samba release.  It only works (a little)
>>>in SAMBA_TNG.  The LDAP support in the main release code,
>>>it broken and will not compile.
>>
>>Would what these guys have done here be possible with the current
>>development sources of SAMBA_TNG?
>>
>>http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb-howto.html
>>http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-TNG-howto.html
>>
>Not sure if this helps, but if samba could use PAM, that could be another
>way to get where you want to.  Just my $.02.

No it won't.  PAM only works if you can provide it with a clear text password,
and returns a true/false value.  CIFS/Samba/NT requires a more complicated
exchange of information, and encrypted passwords are required if you wish to use
the domain controller support built into Samba.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.
Grand Rapids, MI. 49505