stop the presses, IT WORKED!

Well, I'm taking the rest of the day off. In fact, I'm having to type slower
because of the celebratory beer in one hand. Soon after posting my most recent
difficulties, I went through each and every file AGAIN, and found ONE SPACE in
my ldif file. Jeesh. That space almost drove me nuts. I guess, it didn't get to
actually add entries, because now ldapsearch works too! Woohoo! I couldn't be
happier!

Thanks again to all of you helpful folks on this list. Even though it turned
out to be a problem no one was going to figure out, I have learned a lot about
the workings of ldap through your suggestions. As soon as I can, I'll try to
set up a newbie perspective OpenLDAP install page that looks at this
installation through te eyes of the uninitiated. Maybe it will help others.

Gregg