maximize the performance

Hi all,

To my understanding, I think the "dbcachesize " in slapd.conf means how much data of the index file(*.dbb file?) will be load into memory, doesn't it?

if so, if I use ls -l to find the actual size of each index file and use the biggest size as the dbcachesize value so that openldap server will loda all the index file to the memory( yup,I assume I have enough memory), so the server activities will be much more faster than I just set the dbcachesize to 100K or something else?

will this boost the performance?

Thanks,

Vincent