Authentication using encryption

  Hi, I am currently developing an adress database based on openldap and the
Netscape Java ldap SDK version 4. Everything has been going smoothly all in
all other than a recent problem that I have encountered concerning
password management.

  Authentication in cleartext as wel las i.e. {crypt} works fine, changing
the "userpassword" attribute in order to assign a cleartext value is also
no problem. My question is how do I tell the directory that I want the
cleartext value I give it converted into lets say {crypt} ? Or do I have
to do stuff like that in the application ?

--
 I've been asked if vi was an easy editor to learn, whether it was intuitive
or not. My general response to this question is: "Yes, some of us think so.