Re: NIS scheme

At 05:22 PM 7/17/00 +0100, Mayers, Philip J wrote:
>I'm playing with the 2.0 beta, and maybe I'm just being dumb after a busy
>Monday:

If you are going to toy with 2.0 beta, please track devel list
discussions.

>[root@blacklotus openldap]# libexec/slapd -u nobody -g nobody
>/usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema: line 84: Syntax not
>found: "1.3.6.1.1.1.0.0"

I don't believe the nisNetgroupTriple syntax has been implemented yet.

>Aside from the NIS scheme file itself (and one test) I can't find any
>reference to this syntax anywhere in the source tree.

Note that the include of nis.schema is commented out.  It's not
needed by the tests and should be included for the above reason.

>I did also notice that the "cd tests; make test" command generates this:
>I know this was in the archives, but I didn't see an answer. It seems:
>
>Jul 17 17:16:44 blacklotus slapd[17783]: slapd starting
>Jul 17 17:16:44 blacklotus slapd[17786]: fd=9 connection from
>localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1) denied.
>Jul 17 17:17:10 blacklotus last message repeated 5 times
>
>The connection is being denied from localhost. It is compiled with wrappers
>in by default, but they're not what's denying it... Odd.

The above message indicates host "localhost.localdomain" was
denied access by TCP wrappers.