Re: slapd hang once a day (fwd)

You may have a new bug.

Most linux systems have a proc filesystem that you can go to as root
to examine the open files a process has.  For example, if the pid of
slapd is 100, you should be able to "ls -l /proc/100/fd", which will
give you a listing of devices and inode numbers that are open by the
process.

You can then do a "find / -inum #" where # is the inode number of
the file.  In the case of slapd, the number of places the file could
be open is rather small, so you can drasticly reduce the find runs
by narrowing down the directories, for example:

find /etc /dev /(path to ldbm files) /(path to log files) -inum #

Once you know what file is not getting closed, you'll know where to go
to fix the problem.  Just because /etc/hosts.allow is the one you get
the error on does not necessarily mean that it's the one not getting
closed.