Re: Trouble configuring/using OpenLDAP

Thanks to everyone who has already contacted me offering help. Here are the relevant config files. (Recall that my problem was that I am unable to add any data to the directory). At the end you'll find the commands I am using to attempt the add.

Thanks,
Fran

**************************************

ldap.conf

#
# LDAP Defaults
#

# See ldap.conf(5) for details
# This file should be world readable.

BASE    dc=mmrd, dc=com
HOST    ldaphost.mmrd.com

#HOST   ldap.openldap.org ldap-master.openldap.org:666
#PORT   389

#SIZELIMIT      12
#TIMELIMIT      15
#DEREF          never

slapd.conf

include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
schemacheck     off
pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=mmrd, dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager, dc=mmrd, dc=com"
rootpw          secret
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm

slapd.at.conf

attribute       photo                                   bin
attribute       personalsignature                       bin
attribute       jpegphoto                               bin
attribute       audio                                   bin
attribute       labeledurl                              ces
attribute       ref                                             ces
attribute       userpassword                            ces
attribute       telephonenumber                         tel
attribute       facsimiletelephonenumber        fax     tel
attribute       pagertelephonenumber            pager   tel
attribute       homephone                               tel
attribute       mobiletelephonenumber           mobile  tel
attribute       aliasedObjectName                       dn
attribute       member                                  dn
attribute       owner                                   dn
attribute       seealso                                 dn
attribute       manager                                 dn
attribute       documentauthor                          dn
attribute       secretary                               dn
attribute       lastmodifiedby                          dn
attribute       associatedname                          dn
attribute       naminglink                              dn
attribute       reciprocalnaminglink                    dn
attribute       dn                                      dn

*******************************

slapd.oc.conf (very long so I won't include it, but it's the default one from openldap)

newentry  (I've tried several, this is my latest/simplest attempt)

dn: o=MMRD
o: MMRD
objectclass: organization

The command I run is: