Re: Is SLAPD a PAM aware application ?

> I don't suggest attempting the use the patch directly.  Instead I
> guess you lock reimplement as a RFC 2307 scheme by hacking
> liblutil/passwd.c.  I would suggest you review the devel version
> of this file

I have looked at the  devel version of lib/util/passwd.c, its modularity
would probably can help to integrate PAM call code.
In that file I have also seen some compilation directive for using the
CYRUS-SASL library
      #ifdef HAVE_CYRUS_SASL

It seems that this package we can authenticate using PAM.
It's in the PLAIN mode, which means, that the login data are
in clear text on the network.

If I find time and a test machine..., I will try to install the devel
version
with the CYRUS library and test PAM authentication.
If it works, I'll propagate the result in the list.

Jacques Landru