Re: openLDAP v2.0

Aoife_Kavanagh@rta.nsw.gov.au wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the openldap pages and I see that openLDAP
> v2.0 will support LDAP v3 and was due to be available Q4 '99.
> I have a requirement
>
> for the event notification features which will be provided so I'm
> wondering if anyone knows when we can expected openLDAP v2.0?

OpenLDAP 2.0 Alpha 4 was just released for testing purposes.
It does include LDPA v3 support.  You can grab this for testing.  It
is not for production use.  There is no ETA that I am aware of
on a final release of 2.0.  But I am sure that someone
will correct me if I am wrong on any points :-)

Cheers,
jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter@valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry@samba.org