Solved: losing database on shutdown

Hi all

A lot of  digging found out my stupid mistake.
I had not specified at the configuration step, the backend.
./configure --with-ldbm-type=<>
And even when I did that as db2, it wouldn't work.
So I checked the available db software version.
And I found that I had 1.85 and 3.0 but not 2.x
That's why while doing the build, my "make test" did not succeed.
I get exactly the same error doing the test.

=> dn2id( "O=UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN,C=US" )
=> ldbm_cache_open( "./test-db/dn2id.dbb", 7, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open NULL "./test-db/dn2id.dbb" errno 17 reason "File exists")
<= dn2id could not open dn2id.dbb

So I downloaded gdbm, and compiled the source and everything is fine now.

Thank You very much  to everybody who took time to answer this stupid
mistake.

thanks again

ameet