I have installed and configured the openldap 1.2.11 on Solaris 7.
I can start the daemon successfully.
I have following entry in my slapd.conf:
suffix "o=my org, c=US"
I do see a bunch of files like cn.dbb, dn.dbb. created in the above directory.
I also added the initial entries for the organization as :
cn: common name for c=US
dn: o=my org, c=US
cn: common name for o=my org, c=US
I can do an ldapsearch like : ldapsearch -b 'o=my org, c=US' 'objectclass=*'
o=my org, c=US
Now I am trying to add entries like:
dn: cn=John Doe ,o=my org, c=US
cn: cn=John Doe
sn: sn=John Doe
I keep getting error :ldap_add no such object.
I also tried removing all the other entries except the dn and cn and
objectclass. No luck
I can't seem to understand where the problem lies.
I tried with ldapadd -f <file name> -D "my root dn entry"
I also tried ldif2ldbm -i < file name> .
This gives errors like :couldn't open dn.dbb, objectclass.dbb etc.
I have done all the permutations/combinations of this command. Gone thr' the
mailing list archives.
Some messages did mention, that "Top level hierarchy may not be present"
But I thought I do have that.
May be I am doing something terribly wrong.