Re: ACL assistance needed ...

At 07:35 AM 6/15/00 -0700, Anthony Brock wrote:
>We have been creating all our groups and individuals with an element called
>'owner'.  Our intention with this element is to enable the members of any
>groups listed as owners of an object to completely administrate/change
>aspects of the subject objects.

OpenLDAP 1.x doesn't support such.  It supports dnattr=owner,
but owner must contain DN of authenticated users access is to
be granted to.  It supports groups, but groups must be specified
(by regex) in the configuration file.  What you want is
grattr=owner... which doesn't exist (yet).

>For example, if I have:
>
>cn=Building Monitor,o=George Fox University,c=US
>cn=Building Monitor
>owner=cn=Building Monitor Administrators,o=George Fox University,c=US
>member=cn=User One,o=George Fox University,c=US
>member=cn=User Two, o=George Fox University, c=US

Note that in older versions of OpenLDAP had a bug which required
member attribute values to be normalized (no spaces commas).  Was
fixed in 1.2.11.