Re: openldap on alpha

At 01:14 PM 6/8/00 -0400, dan@mid-hudson.com wrote:
>I've installed openldap 1.2.10 on my alpha ds-10s and it seems to run, but
>every time I query it, it logs a few messages:
>
>slapd(5341): unaligned trap at 0000000120038d6c: 000003ffffbffc04 2d 2
>slapd(5341): unaligned trap at 0000000120038d6c: 000003ffffbffc0c 2d 2

This is a known bug in OpenLDAP, IIRC, in the BER code.  It *should*
run correct, albiet slowed by the necessary realignment.

>Everything seems to function, but I plan on using the database for a
>number of things, so a few lines of errors on each query is going to be a
>mess.  Any suggestions or pointers?

Well, you have a simple choice.  You either live with it or
fix it.  Terry has some useful suggestions on debugging alignment
problems.  See ITS/bugs for pass comments regarding this.
Patches welcomed.  Coordinate/discussion development on the
devel list.

Kurt